THAT the Board receive the presentation from Keith Taylor, Chief Investment Officer, ONE Investment and adopt the four recommendations in the report dated November 18, 2020 as amended, and to approve the attached Municipal Client Questionnaire template, Investment Policy Statement template and Investment Plan template and direct staff to bring the next annual review of the templates to the Board in the Fall 2021.
Amendments moved by Board Member Giles
1. THAT the initial words of the third bullet in section 6.7.2 of the Investment Policy Statement (IPS) be amended to read as follows:
“A listing of individual investments held at the fund level…”
2. THAT the initial words of section 2.2 of the Municipal Client Questionnaire (MCQ) be amended to read as follows:
2.2 Check the following list of investments that apply to the Municipality’s current investment portfolio.
3. THAT the first bullet point under section 3.1 of the Municipal Client Questionnaire be amended to read as follows:
“Capital preservation is the main objective. Willingness to accept low returns in order to minimize the likelihood of losses.”
Amendments moved by Board Chair Hughes
4. THAT the following question and table outlining details of each Municipality’s MNRI by Reserve and Investment Horizon be Inserted between sections 4.1 and 4.2 of the Municipal Client Questionnaire
Please provide a table showing reserves and reserve funds divided into “Money Required Immediately” and “Money Not Required Immediately” with investment time horizons.
(Table chart inserted here)
Note: MNRI can be determined on the basis of time, source of funds, purpose of funds, or such other means as the municipality may decide is appropriate.
5. THAT sections 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5 of the Municipal Client Questionnaire be deleted.
6. THAT the following section be inserted prior to section 4.6 of the draft Municipal Client Questionnaire:
4.4 Please provide a copy of the Municipality’s multi-year capital plan and its asset management plan, to the best of your ability, by year and funding source
Amendment to the amendment moved by Board Member Melinyshyn
THAT it be understood that the portion of the table referred to in amendment 4 moved by Board Chair Hughes relating to 0-18 months will not be populated if it does not include MNRI.
Amendment to the amendment moved by Board Member Rettie
THAT the table referred to in amendment 4 moved by Board Chair Hughes be amended to refer to “Reserve Type” in the first column.
The amendments carried.
The main motion moved by Board Member Melinyshyn carried, as amended.